Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Getting ready for Turkey, etc

So it's the "off" season...that means that I'm not in the woods hunting, but I haven't stopped thinking about hunting for a minute! I recently bought a gun/bow camera mount...that should be fun as far as taping my hunts. I can't wait to try it with turkey season. Speaking of taping my hunts, I made a DVD with the footage I shot this year...for my first try I don't think it came out that bad. Mostly it was the day that I went hunting with Danny and Uncle Sonny. I also just ordered a dozen carbon arrows. I'm finally making the leap. I'm shooting my bow every day, just a few shots, but it's just about every day and I like the way it shoots a lot. I wish that I was shooting tighter groups but I'm hoping that with the carbons I will have more consistancy.

I did find out that I got my turkey permit...Area 9 (the club) week A (April 14-18). I can't wait...after the first day or two I'll decide if I want to buy a "leftover" permit for another week.

No comments:

Post a Comment