Monday, April 13, 2009

Turkey - Day one

It was coooold this morning. When I started out my truck said that it was 26...that's cold for turkey. I started out by the Cadillac stand and I did manage to hear some gobbling from across the road. I didn't get them down to me though. I next went to the field that's at the end of the Cadillac. When I got there I had to climb over a mountain of dirt and once I cleared the mound, there was a hen on the other side tucked into the hedgrow. Well, needless to say, I scared her and she scared me and both of us went our separate ways. I tucked myself into the hedgerow and called...the sun was now shining and it was warming up a bit. It was windy though. Nuthin...I moved down along the backside and worked my way around the cow pasture, still nothing... I then went to stand 13 and there was another hen tucked into the brush. I called up and down the edge and nuthing. I saw Bob there so I didn't want to get too close, he was in the big feeder field. I went down the path near 5 and worked around back there, nothing. It was now 11:30. It was a nice day even though I didn't really see anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment