Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Turkey - Day two

What a difference a day makes. Today, it was 44 degrees when I was starting out. I went again to the cadillac stand and this time, in the dark, there was a gobbler gobbling from the pines right at the end of cadillac. I quietly slipped in the woods in the dark (didnt use my flashlight) and sat until it was light enough to see. The gobbler kept on going...calling again and again. I made some tree yelps. Once or twice he answered me back and then I heard him getting farther and farther away. I got up and moved to the end of the field. I called and sat there for a while but I didn't see anything and he didn't call back again. Darn!! I then made my way to 13 and called up and down the hedgrow. When I got to the top of the hill I had two deer come in and look at the decoy. The first deer was stomping and snorting...she didn't like my deek one bit! After a while, from the corner of my eye I saw a hen pop into the field, about 50 yards away from me. I never expected her to come from where she came from. After a while I went to the back cow pasture again and then along the back by the cemetary. Nothing...Bob wasn't there this time. I don't know why that Gobbler decided to walk opposite of where I was calling. Why do I like turkey hunting?

No comments:

Post a Comment