Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it snow!

What a gorgeous afternoon!! I had a gig last night so I didn't get up to go bird hunting (hard when you get to bed at 3:30am to get up at 4:30am. After doing some Christmas decorating outside, I decided to hit the Tower for some deer. I got to the stand and settled in around 2. It was now snowing pretty hard. While I sat in the stand, it must have snowed 2 inches. It was just gorgeous. I was covered in snow, as was my bow, stand, etc. At 2:30 I saw a deer, think it was a doe, walking just under the apartments...she seemed really spooky and took off shortly after I saw her. I really don't think that she was spooky at me. Then at around 4:30, I saw either another doe, or the same one, walking around by the bottom of the apartments. Again, she was spooky. This time, I think it was because as the trees would gather the heavy snow, branches would break off and fall. I think that made the deer jumpy. Either way, she ran off and as it was starting to get dark, I gathered up and headed down. The woods were beautiful, magical and peaceful. Just loved it!

No comments:

Post a Comment