Monday, April 25, 2011

Opening day of Turkey

I went to the club and pulled into the parking area to find another car there.  So I decided to start this morning out at the Cadillac side of the club.  I got in the woods just before light.  Once it got light I started some soft calling.  I didn't hear a gobble until about 7am.  It sounded far.  Then another gobble 15 minutes later...this one sounded closer but didn't sound like it was coming to me.  Well, I guess it wasn't...because at 7:30 I heard a shot.  I got out of the woods and went to the parking area to find Jeff and his big gobbler.  He set up in the big field.  Jeff did say that he saw a bunch of turkey's there last week.  So, he left and I picked around the property...calling in various places and setting up for a time.  I heard nothing the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment