Saturday, January 12, 2013

So warm out...

As I was driving up to the club the thermometer said 53 degrees.  That's unbelievable for January.  It was cloudy so it didn't make it feel quite as warm but it was still beautiful.  I went back to the swamp but as I was getting dressed I saw the farmer with his tractor in the field.  I had to get dressed and think about where I was going to go.  As I was getting dressed the farmer pulled up to me and got off his tractor and asked if I've seen any deer.  I told him it was hit or miss and that he should know better than I did.  He said he hasn't seen much.  He said he wasn't going to be field any longer so I went back to the swamp.  I sat the whole time and didn't see anything.  As I was getting out and walking back to the truck, across the field I could see two deer at the entrance to the field.  It was so close to my truck that I wouldn't have shot if I could because I would have been afraid to hit my truck.  I would have done better sitting in my truck tonight.  It was still a great day to be in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment