Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Deer! um I mean year

I am going to the gang party on Saturday so I wanted to get some woods time and New Years Day is a good time to do it.  I headed up to the club determined to sit in 4.  I got into the stand and I was the only one there (which is so nice).  It was coldish, around 28 but windy as anything!  My stand kept creaking so much that I actually was worried it may come down.  I sat there from about 1:30 and then around 4:00 I had a deer come out of the thickets and snorted at me.  I didn't see anything but the tail going away.  I hadn't been moving and the wind was in my favor so I'm not sure how it busted me.  After about 15 minutes, a group of 6 or so does came from the thickets and crossed the woods into the field.  I watched the first one step out and noticed that the others were bigger so I waited.  When the last one stepped into the field (they were walking towards the dip stand) I put the crosshairs right on the chest and let it bark.  I saw her run up the hill about 30 yards and crash.  I perfect angling away shot through the chest and out through the shoulder.  That's how to start out the new year!

No comments:

Post a Comment