Saturday, October 10, 2015

6 from a distance

Gorgeous day to head up to the club.  In the morning I had to go to Aunt Carol's house to notarize some documents for her but when I got home I headed up to the club.  I wanted to try that tree i found during turkey season and when I walked there, it was all overgrown.  I'm not sure if I would see a deer walking around in all the high grasses.  I decided to set up on the road to 5 again.  It was a beautiful day.  The kind that made you just want to take a nap.  I saw that the club was getting busy as I saw Tony pull up.  Then soon after, Frank came walking towards the dip stand and then Bob drove towards the back.  At around 5, i could see a buck walking towards 4.  It was a decent looking 6.  There were times that I thought it would actually walk down towards me but it stayed up near 4.  I think I watched the deer for a good hour.  That was the only deer that I saw and apparently the rest of the guys didn't see anything either because they all left empty handed.

No comments:

Post a Comment