Friday, September 14, 2007

Trigger malfunction and a miss

Date: 9/14/07
Season: Deer - Bow
Location: Hunting Club
Conditions: Warm, medium breezy and cloudy
Summary: I sat a night post after going golfing. I got into the stand around 3:45. At around 6 I saw a doe coming from up towards the end of the field where the bucks come from. The doe started working down the field and then I lost sight of it. Shortly after that 4 does came from across the field (the long way) and to the feeder. I drew back on the lead doe once she came to the feeder and as I pulled the trigger on the release had a malfunction. When I pulled the trigger nothing happened…my mind started to race and the deer turned. I started to turn with her, but I stopped concentrating on the pin and the arrow finally released but went sailing under the deer. They all took off, stopped around 50 yards from me and started snorting…they then left. About a half hour later I saw another doe coming from the buck spot, but it too just disappeared. I left the tree around 7:20.

No comments:

Post a Comment