Wednesday, December 5, 2007

MY FIRST BUCK!!


Date: 12/5/2007
Season: Deer - Muzzleloader
Location: Club
Conditions: Cold and light snow.
Summary: YES! I finally did it...finally broke the buck dry spell. I got to the big feeder from work (worked a half day). When I got there I saw Tony walking around. We chatted for a while as I got dressed and then I went across from the feeder at about 2:00. Tony was on the other side of the pit from me. At 2:50 he walked in from the pit, out of nowhere! He walked straight towards me, looking at me the whole way. I sat and waited and he eventually turned to feed. I put up my gun, put the crosshairs on him and waited for a broadside shot. He moved broadside and I sqeezed the trigger. A huge puff of smoke and when it cleared I saw him lying there on the ground. My heart was racing and just then he lifted up his head. I must have hit him high, in the spine. I reloaded my muzzy so I can deliver the final blow and the bullet got stuck an inch short of the breach plug. I pushed hard but couldn't get it to budge. I walked out of the woods to my truck hoping to do the repair work and return, but I couldn't get it to move. I called Tony and asked him to come and help me when he could. As I was in my truck I heard Tony shoot and he finished my deer who was lying there, unable to move all but his head and his front legs. I hit him really good, just a little high. It was about a 45 yard shot. Here's my first buck ever!!

No comments:

Post a Comment