Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Morning bird, evening deer...

When: Tuesday, November 11, 2008
Where: Morning, Berkshire Valley, Evening, Club - 13
Weather: Great in the morning...breezy in the evening, partly cloudy and low 40's

I started the day by heading to Berkshire Valley to do some pheasant hunting. During the first push I headed into the first field. Quickly after going in, there were guys starting to close in and there was a dog that wouldn't listen to his owner and wouldn't leave Bacci alone so I turned around. I went into the woods at the edge and Bacci kicked up a hen. Got her. Then we walked around for about an hour. On the way back to the truck from the first field, around 8, we passed a small clump right off the road. Bacci went on rock solid point. I didn't think there was anything there becuase aside from a thousand guys going through there, I had just met and talked with a guy that went through that area with two dogs. So, I walked up to Bacci and held him on point for a bit...I got my gun ready (just in case) and a cockbird took off and I got him. A great morning!!

Brought Bacci back home and then headed to the club for a long evening post. Started out going into the Cadillac...it felt good but I didn't feel comfortable shooting out of that stand though so I quickly left there and went to 13. It was a great post but I saw nothing.

No comments:

Post a Comment