Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Gave 'em a pass....

Went out to the Recycling center today. It was nice, about 62, but really windy. I honestly didn't expect to see anything. At around 4:45 I had two small deer walk into me. They came from the roadside of the property and I watched them from about 50 yards out. I could clearly see that one was a button...the other, I wasn't so sure about. It didn't look all that different from the button so I decided to give them a pass. I watched them feed around my stand for about 20 minutes...close enough that I could spit on them. They walked away. A little while later, maybe by around 6:00, I had two deer come in from the houses side. The first one came into me and I thought that it was the 2nd deer that I wasn't sure if it was a button or not, I needed to see the other one that it was with to make sure. I watched and then I drew back...the deer walked up, under my stand and by the time I saw the second deer was NOT the button, I realized that this was a doe but she was under my stand and I couldn't draw on her. My bow hit the railing! They took off spooked, but I don't think from me. Not sure. I waited until it was just about dark...I couldn't really see well and started to pack up my stuff. From the other side of the big tree next to me, I heard the leaves. Apparently the two does had come back to me...but I didn't know. Now it was getting really dark but I took my bow and slowly tried to turn around in the stand. By the time I was turned, the deer were on the path, around 27 yards from me. I didn't feel comfortable taking a shot when it was so dark, pointed towards the path...so again, I gave them a pass. It was an eventful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment