Saturday, October 10, 2009

I hobbled in....

My ankle was still hurting today but there was nothing keeping me out of the woods today. Went behind my job in the morning. It was a cool, foggy morning...just like I like it. By 8:30, I heard a CRASH right next to me. In the thicket between me and the drive, a small buck...looked like a spike, came crashing out of the thicket and back in. I saw the brush move and then it stopped. I wasn't sure if he was in there or left. I assumed he was shot and running away. I got out of the tree at 9:30 so I can see Dani's game and I walked over to where I saw him last. As I peeked in the brush, I saw him get up and walk off. I think his left front leg looked bad. Not sure if he was shot or hit, but I think he was messed up.

Went to the club in the afternoon. Saw Tony and Brad. I sat in the swamp stand and at 4:45 had, what looked to be, a spike walk out into the field. He walked towards the swamp and then was gone (have no idea where). Tony got a doe in 3. Brad saw nothing in 10

No comments:

Post a Comment