Monday, October 26, 2009

Jeez, it's the cops!!

So, I went out to the Recycling center today. It was an absolutely perfect day. it was sunny, 62, a very slight breeze...I really expected to see deer tonight! I got into the stand and set up by 3:00. By 3:30 I heard something coming up the walk way. I turned and saw a guy walking...wearing khaki pants and a golf shirt...he was carrying something in his hands. He passed me by. Keep in mind that the pathway is only 24 yards from my tree. He came back very shortly after he left and it appeared that he had a walkie talkie in his hand. Strange, I thought. He MAY have seen me on the way back out but I'm not sure. About 5 minutes later the cops come zooming up the path way. They do a quick K-turn right next to my stand and zoom away. STRANGE! A little while later I saw a guy across the field barbecuing...this is certainly a strange way to hunt. (but it did smell really good...lol).

At 5:00 a doe surprised me and came in from an area I wasn't expecting. I wasn't ready for her. I sllllloooowwwwlllyy got myself into a position to take her if I wanted to...but as I was trying to, she kept eyeing me up and sniffing the air. She turned and I could see some black "stuff" on her left thigh...hmmm...what is that?! Do I really want to take her? She's not that big either. By the time I decided what I wanted to do, she was gone. A little while later, by about 5:30, the two little buttons came back. I watched them for a while...contemplating about how much I need some venison for the freezer, but decided that I needed to let them walk.

All in all, it was a tremendous night!

No comments:

Post a Comment