Tuesday, January 26, 2010

B...B....B...Bear!?

Ok, first let me start by saying, I didn't see a bear. Secondly, it was absolutely beautiful out. I took the day off to do some hunting. I headed up to the club and got there around 2ish. I decided to try a new spot so I went to #4. I sat up in the tree and felt so exposed. I used the range finder to check out my distances and when I did that, I noticed that there was a milk crate tucked into the brush about 50 yards away from me. Perfect! I got down out of the tree and sat in the brush. It was fantastic...a great hiding place. I sat there and just enjoyed the afternoon. I didn't see anything, surprised, but used to it at this point. When it got dark I made my way out. I ended up seeing Tony, Jeff and Brad. Tony saw two buttons but then proceeded to tell me that the Division of Fish and Game chased a mama and three cubs out of the neighborhood behind our property and on to our club. They are denned up between the first field and upper field on the side of the old pit. Lovely!! Tony did say that the Division will be back in March to dart them and move them. I sure the heck hope so or Turkey season will not be so fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment