Saturday, January 16, 2010

A beautiful day in the neighborhood!

It was absolutely gorgeous out! With the weather the way it's been lately, to have a day that was in the mid to high 40's and sunny is just priceless. I decided to sit in the morning with my bow at the Recycling Center. I got in well before light to my same tree. This is the first time I've been there since the construction that is going on. Well, they sure did tear up part of the woods. The other thing that I noticed when the sun came up was how open it is without all the leaves. I haven't been there for a while. I didn't stay long...between the construction and the leaves, i felt like I was wayyy to out in the open.

I headed to the club in the afternoon. When I got there, I have to admit, I was a bit frustrated. There were three trucks...Tony, Greg and someone else's that I didn't recognize. The frustrating part was that they didn't put on the map where they were so I couldn't plan where I wanted to go. I didn't want to walk in and find them. So I decided to go to my blind. Even though that's not where I wanted to be, I knew they wouldn't be there. I drove around, parked and went to the blind. It was still ice'd in and as I was trying to see if I could remove the chunk of ice, I turned and noticed something lying in the opening about 20 yards away. I walked over and saw the 3/4 eaten carcass of a deer. I don't know how it died (although I'll assume someone shot it and couldn't find it) but it ended up right in front of my blind. So...I'm not going to hunt over a dead deer so back out I go. Then I went to stand 13. I didn't expect to see anything, and wasn't disappointed...because I didn't. At least it was a beautiful evening and I really enjoyed that! The ride home however was less enjoyable. Apparently there was a big crash and they had parts of Route 80 closed so what normally takes 45 minutes, took 2 1/2 hours. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment