Saturday, December 18, 2010

Cockbirds galore!!

It's the last Saturday of bird season. I went up to Flatbrook and met up with Greg. We walked down the road again and started on the left side of the field. I can't necessarily say where all the flushes were but all I can say is omg, they were everywhere. We saw a few birds in the field but nothing to shoot at. We doubled back to get into the woods and as we were the guys at the end of the field kicked up a bird and he flew our way. I shot him as a crossing shot...I was happy, I usually miss those. Now into the woods and that's when everything happened. There were cockbirds running everywhere. Bacci kicked up a few, he was in sensory overload...we were in sensory overload trying to get to all the running birds. We made a lot of "through the trees" shots and missed a lot. It was a ton of fun though. At the end, Greg ended up with two birds that he didn't shoot...one Bacci pounced on before he could get up and the other someone else shot and couldn't find but Bacci did.

After bird hunting I went to the Tower to sit for deer with the bow. It was a crisp, sunny day. So wonderful to be in the tree!! At 2:30 I saw a small deer, looked to be a button, walking up the hill about 60 yards away. I saw a fox and a flock of turkeys. Nothing else...but it was wonderful! Can't wait to get back out for deer! I missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment