Saturday, January 1, 2011

A beary Happy New Year!

I went to the club today...what a great way to spend New Year's Day. In the woods! The weather was just gorgeous...it had gotten really warm...in the 50's. There is a storm front that is going to be coming through so I was going to the club with high hopes. I wasn't exactly sure where I would sit when I got there but it would depend on who else was there and where they would be.

I pulled up to the club around 12:30 and saw Tony sitting outside of his truck. He said that he was waiting for Greg to show up and then asked if Greg told me about the bears. Of course, I didn't hear anything so he proceeded to tell me that there were bear tracks all over our club. At every stand. He said that he saw where the bears have made a den down by stand 9 (or course where I was sitting just two days before!!) Greg showed up and we decided to do a little mini-drive of the area near the horse farm. Well, needless to say, I was quite nervous sitting in the woods while Greg did the walking. He didn't push any deer and we decided to just sit the rest of the day rather than drives. So, with bear in mind, I headed to 10 1/2 and sat the rest of the night there. I did see a fox come into my field, but that was it. Greg was at the "big feeder" field (even though there isn't a feeder there anymore) and Tony was past 14 at the new feeder. Neither one saw anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment