Saturday, January 15, 2011

oh, soooo close!

I decided to go to the club with the muzzy today. It's a cold day and I wanted to try the Cadillac. I got to the club and the only evidence of someone being there was Bob's name on the map, stand 13. I didn't see him though. I drove over to the Cadillac side and got into the woods. I saw a few runs from the top of the hill near the tower but I was expecting deer to cross over, under the old Cadillac. I wanted to get myself situated between them. I picked out a big tree on the edge of the woods, right on the edge of the hill to the railroad bed. At about 4:00 I saw movement up the hill towards the field (didn't expect that one!). I looked through my scope and it was 4 does, about 60 yards away but they were in the brush and didn't offer a clear shot. I watched them for a while in my scope...as my gun got heavier and heavier. One broke off from the group and started to meander closer and clearer. She didn't get a whole lot closer but she was starting to break free from the brush. She was turned away from me now and I thought, just turn broadside and you'll offer me a shot. Just then...one from in the bushes must have seen me and busted...well, they all busted giving me no shot at all. What an exciting, heart-pounding experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment