Friday, October 7, 2011

Worst day ever...

I left early from work to get into the tree.  Went behind the recycling center.  I hadn't been there in a little while and thought that I might be able to see a buck there.  I got to my spot around 2:30 and noticed from down the hill that there were two deer walking in at the same time as me.  I put my stand in the tree...i could barely get in it because my back hurt so much.  I finally did get in and couldn't get the stand to climb up the tree.  My legs just couldn't pull the bottom up.  I decided that I needed a smaller diameter tree.  I found one a little closer to the road and I put my stand on.  Again I had a hard time getting into the stand and I fought to get the stand up the tree.  I didn't go too high because I just couldn't move it any more.  I sat there until dark...I did see one doe closer to the path at almost dark.  Now for the climb down.  It was nearly impossible.  It was so painful I honestly thought I was going to get stuck in the tree.  I did get down (obviously) but the pain it caused in my back is tremendous and now my right leg is numb.  I think my hunting days are done for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment