Saturday, January 7, 2012

Feed and all...

I haven't been to the Dump in a while, so I decided to hit that place again.  I happened to have some corn in my truck for a while so during the week I went in and filled the feeder up again.  I haven't done that in some time so I was hoping, it being later in the season, that the deer would be looking for food again and would hit up the feeder.  It was windy!  I picked a tree, and I was back to the hill climbs again.  I got up the tree and to the uphill side I didn't look that high up, but from the downhill side I was giving myself a nosebleed!  So, I sat there, rocking and rolling in the wind.  Honestly, I didn't expect much.  I sat with no action...nothing but one squirrel hitting the corn.  With about 10 minutes of light left, a deer came running in from the uphill side, and left just as quickly.  I had no chance of turning around on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment