Saturday, January 14, 2012

Frustrated at the club....

I wanted to head up to the club today.  I wasn't sure were I would sit but I was thinking that I would do something different.  So, when I got there I decided to sit on the logging road between the big field and the field next to it.  As I was walking down the road I saw a truck, it was Tony.  He drove to the road and I met him at the beginning.  He asked me if I saw Frank.  I said no, and he told me that he was in the Dip Stand last Saturday and got a deer and that he would probably go back tonight.  I asked who Frank was and he said "a new guy".  Then he pulled away and left.

I walked back down the road and found myself a nice spot overlooking the pathway between the two fields.  I still had a view of the big field, at spots, but mostly I was looking for a deer walking into the road from the upper field.  About an hour in, at 3:30 I saw another truck pulling onto the property.  Must be Frank.  I lost sight of the truck and then a minute later I heard him pulling up towards me.  Then, to my surprise, right past me.  I waved and he waved and then he continued on.  He pulled into the path between the fields and parked...right were I was hoping a deer would walk through.  I got up and walked over and asked him if he was Frank.  Then I said "you realize that I'm sitting right there hoping that a deer would walk down this path, right?"  He said he thought I was hunting the other side.  I said no and he said, "what do you want me to do"...I said, "moving would be nice".  He finally said something like "I'm just a guest here, you've got the experience".  WHAT!  A guest?!  I thought we weren't allowed to have guests?  He moved his truck to where I was parked, walked past me and to the dip stand.  I didn't see him again...nor did I see a deer.  On my way out I saw Tony and he asked me if I saw Frank.  I said yes, and Tony asked me if he walked past me.  I said, "no, he drove past me and then parked between the two fields".   Tony was astonished too, but I didn't say much...and left.  I'm so freaking frustrated...I need to find new property.

No comments:

Post a Comment