Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Turkey hunting day two...

Well, at least it isn't raining!  It's pretty darn cold for turkey season though.  It's 34 on my truck as I sat in the parking area at the club.  I got back into the blind and didn't hear a peep.  Oh, wait...I lied.  My Phriend the Pheasant was back again.  I heard him (and I think another one) talking.  As the sun came up it started to warm up a bit.  Felt really nice.  I waited out the morning in the blind and then I got a little antsy so I went to the back of the property, near the river.  They did some work down there and there's actually a little road that goes back there.  The Autumn Olive trees smell so nice, but they are literally taking over.  I did see a bunch of deer tracks from the field, into the path that leads to the river.  Perhaps I'll set up there with the gun in the fall.  I went back to the blind and spent the rest of the morning there.  No birds but a wonderful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment