Tuesday, November 5, 2013

I've gone soft...

I went back to the club today and sat, yet again, at 13.  I'm really enjoying this stand this year.  The pit was active and I thought that perhaps that would scare away the deer, but they are used to it I suppose.  At around 3:30 I had a nice doe and a fawn come to the stand.  They stayed right under me, eating acorns.  I contemplated whether or not to shoot the big doe, but I couldn't shoot her in front of her kid.  Likewise, I couldn't shoot the fawn (which was clearly old enough to be separated) in front of the mom.  I thought hard about it though.  As they were walking toward me I thought, God, if I'm not supposed to shoot one, don't let them give me the opportunity.  While they were under my stand, I raised my bow on the bigger of the two but before I could decide whether to squeeze off a shot, they bolted...not sure why, or what scared them,  but they took off.  I guess that was my answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment