Friday, November 15, 2013

Moonscape

I took off work early to head back to the club.  I wanted to sit at 13 again because I feel like I'm so close there, just can't make it work.  I got to the club and drove to the pit.  I wanted to look at the path crossing when I got there to see if there was a place I could sit instead of the stand.  There is, sort of...but it would be hard.  I would be in the open a little bit so I went back to the stand.  As I was getting dressed, a bulldozer drove by me and then by the stand.  I thought, this can't be good.  When I got to the stand I was devastated to see that the lower field was now bulldozed under also.  I didn't hear the dozer while I was in the stand so I assumed he was over the top near the end of the property.  At 3:30 he came back down the hill, by me and into the pit.   I guess he's done for the day.  I'm sitting on the moon!

My discouragement was short lived.  I saw three does (not huge) walking from the top, across the moon to the hedgerow.  They walked around there for a bit and then crossed into the thick brush, and then across the path.  Shortly after, I saw a 5 pointer, being followed by a spike, that walked from the thick stuff to my right, to just about in front of me.  Then went up the hill, over into the brush, and then across the path.  Then, at last light, I saw what I think or describe as a palmated deer...it was like a spike (with big long spikes) that have nubs off of them...I think it was a 7 or 8.  Despite the moonscape, it was an exciting night.

No comments:

Post a Comment