Friday, November 8, 2013

Still so close, yet so far...(and what the hell are they doing to my club)

I went to the club after working half day.  I planned on going back to stand 13 again.  I was used to seeing what they have done to the first field on the left but as I drove to the back, I was shocked and horrified to see that they've now taken out the upper field as well.  I got to the stand and heard the bulldozer taking more and more property away.  I was walking to my stand and I saw a doe with a broken front leg (right) being hounded by a little spike.  The doe jumped in front of me and away, as i got into my stand i saw the spike just standing in the pathway.  He eventually left.  Later on  I saw them both running (her from him) about 30 yards from me but I couldn't get a shot.  I would have certainly taken her out of her misery.

Later on, I heard a noise...it got louder and closer.  I looked up the field and saw a deer moving across the clearing.  What I didn't know is, she was running just ahead of the bulldozer that was pushing down toward the field, to the right of my tree.  It then went into the pit and all the machinery calmed down.  The deer that was pushed ahead of the bulldozer eventually crossed up the path (as soon as I can get my muzzy in hand, I'm going there).  It got dark and I got down.  As I was walking out, the little spike stood up from the grass and looked at me.  I put up my bow and could have shot, but i let him walk to get bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment