Saturday, September 13, 2014

Opening day 2014

It's opening day!!  The weather forecast isn't looking so good, which sucks because all week it was supposed to be sunny and cool.  In the morning I decided to head over to the recycling center.  I wanted to try the spot that the other guy used to go to, in the back.  That's close to wear I saw that big buck a few weeks earlier.  I got in the stand early and it was a beautiful post.  The weather was cloudy and still.  I sat post until just about 10am and saw nothing so I went home to nap and get to the club for the afternoon.  I left home at 12:30 and as I was driving to the club it started pouring out.  Grrrrr.  I sat in my truck at the club waiting for the rain to stop and kept checking the radar.  I sat in my truck until almost 3.  There was a break in the rain so  I got out of my truck and got dressed.  As I was going to put my pin in the board I saw 4 does on the other side of the 10 field.  I belly crawled up the side of the hill hoping to sneak closer and have them walk towards me but they were going the other way.  I got back down and walked to the first field.  Almost as soon as I got there it started to pour again.  I don't mind the rain but I didn't want to shoot a deer and have the blood trail wash away so I packed it in and went home.  So much for opening day.

No comments:

Post a Comment