Saturday, October 11, 2014

They can really smell...

Again I was supposed to be at Gianna's softball game but again it was cancelled.  I took the opportunity to get to the club again.  This time I was going to sit in the swamp.  As I was getting dressed a guy from the club (don't remember his name) pulled up and asked where I was going to sit.  I told him the swamp and he said that he was going to put a block in the swamp so he would come back.  After talking a bit I found out that he was the one that drove across the field last week.  I told him that I was hunting there and he said that he was sorry.  oh well.

So I got to the swamp and after getting up the tree, realized that it was facing the wrong way for me.  So I sat on the ground.  At around 4, two does were coming across the field.  On of them was heading right for me so I raised my bow and at about 60 yards, she caught wind of me and high tailed it out of there.  The wind must have shifted but I was surprised.  I washed my clothes in special stuff, I sprayed down in special stuff and didn't sweat getting into the stand.  These suckers could really smell.  That's the last deer I saw in teh day.

No comments:

Post a Comment