Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Turkey Day Two

Well, today was less exciting than yesterday. I started out in the first field and heard nothing. I did hear a gobble or two by the cadillac stand so I took my stuff and headed over there. I first picked my way around near stand 5, because I wasn't sure if they were all the way at the cadillac or making thier way. So, after not seeing or hearing anything at 5 I headed over to Cadillac. On my way there I saw a few birds on the horse farm...then when I set up in the woods I heard two gobblers on the other side of the ravine, in the horse farm. They would gobble every so often but not to my call...only to what sounded like a bird (but not a turkey, don't know what kind of bird). After about 45 minutes of that they went totally silent. I waited there for at least another half hour but nothing. I thought that maybe they had taken off towards the fields so I left and went to go back to the first field. On my way in, I saw a hen run from the field on stand 10 to the horse farm. I set up in the big field again but nothing. I left there and went to the bottom and called there for abit, then worked my way up the hedgerow a little at a time. I saw Bob in his work truck and he said that he saw 4 or 5 birds making their way towards were I was sitting this morning right after I left...figures! I went back to cadillac and finished the day there. All in all, it was a quiet morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment