Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Deer, deer, deer....

It's a gorgeous day, sunny and in the mid 60's and I decided to get out of work early to hit the woods.  Yesterday I had walked behind my company and it looked like it was promising.  Even though I hadn't hunted there in a long time, and I saw the two stands there, if I didn't see anyone there I was going there.  The company shut down so it's quiet back there now.

I got into the tree at around 2:45 and literally, by 3, I was seeing deer.  Oh, first on my way in a trailcam got a picture of me.  Wonderful.  So, by 3, I saw two does walking in front of that camera...which was in front of that other stand.  They hung around for a while...followed by a few more.  This went on until just about 4:30.  The whole time I was standing up and at the ready.  Finally they walked off and I was able to sit and relax.  Not for long, however.  By 5:00 another deer walked back to that same spot.  I wonder what's there they that like.  They never did come close enough to me, only getting to a maximum of  45 yards away.  It was still a wonderful night!

No comments:

Post a Comment