Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mower, seriously?

This is just the way my season is going.  It's a beautiful day.  Sunny and 60 and i decided to go up to the club.  The last two times that I've been up to the club I've seen deer go to or near the swamp stand so that's just where I was heading.  I got to the club and there was no one there...so I got dressed and headed to the stand.  When I got there I noticed that the stand was kind of rusted and I didn't feel comfortable climbing it so I found a nice place on the ground that I could tuck myself into.  I trimmed a few branches and I was good to go.  I was actually feeling pretty good about the spot and my chances of getting a shot.  It was just around 4 and I heard a loud truck on the road...wait, that's not on the road...that's coming my way.  It sounded like there was an 18 wheeler driving down the middle of the field.  It was a mower...the farmer was deciding to cut the grass now...4:00 on a Saturday of hunting season.  I sat there for about a half hour wondering if I should stick it out or move my stand.  I finally decided on moving and I made my way over to the Dip Stand.  I got in and heard the truck go on and on.  I supposed that he stopped mowing around 5:45. I sat and didn't see a thing.  When I got out of the stand and was walking back to the truck I could see the swamp stand...guess what.  There was a deer right in front of it...that's just the way my season is going.  This was, unfortunately, the last Saturday of regular bow up at the club.  I didn't get a permit for the club...I'm going to try and get out of work on an afternoon and head up there.  I don't want to wait until muzzleloader season to get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment