Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just my luck...

I took the afternoon off of work today so I can get back to the club.  After the last time, I needed to get back to the swamp stand.  I know I'll see deer if I can get back there.  I get there and settled into the swamp around 3.  It's a cloudy but warmish, still day.  It was nice to be there.  Not much going on until...hey, what's that!!  No...no...no....not again!!  It's the freaking FARMER!  He's coming back on a different machine...it looks like it's mixing the grass that he cut when I was there on Saturday.  Does he wait for me to get there?  Well...last time, I moved stands and when I came back there were deer there, so this time I'm going to wait him out.  I watch him go back and forth...this time, he's right in front of my spot.  I know that there aren't going to be any deer while he's in the field so I take the opportunity to adjust my seat and face mask.   How the hell was I supposed to know that 4 deer had snuck up behind me! Of course I couldn't hear them coming WITH THE MIXER TRUCK DRIVING BY!   With a snort, they are all gone in a flash.  That was the last deer I'd see for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment