Saturday, September 14, 2013

Well now, THAT's a problem...

The season is quickly coming up so my practice regimen has been increasing.  I do try and shoot every morning.  The morning of Sept 9th I went outside to shoot...drew back the bow and the bow let off.  I hate when that happens.  I drew back again (without checking the arrow) and shot.  What I heard was a slap and the arrow landed about 10 feet short of the target...crap!  I had a partial dry fire.  The only thing I can think of is that the arrow un-nocked itself partially and when I shot, it sort of dry fired.  Now what!?  I decided that because there is no time to get my bow looked at in time, I've got two options; don't hunt or get a crossbow.  I had always wanted to play with a crossbow anyway so after some research I went to Dick's and picked up the Barnett Wildcat C5.  I didn't want to spend a ton of money because I didn't know if I would like using one.  I only had a few days left until the season started so that night, the night of the 11th I put it together.  The next morning I took my first shot at 15 yards and it was just about dialed in already.  My first impression is holy cow!  The potential energy in this bow...you can just feel it.  It was so powerful when I shot too...its actually a little intimidating.   Now, on to Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment