Thursday, October 17, 2013

I hate jumping spiders!!

I went to the club today.  It was pretty warm, probably about 70 although in the sun it felt warmer.  It's supposed to rain tonight though.  I went to stand 16 and it just felt good.  It was comfortable and I was filled with confidence as I saw a lot of tracks on the way to the stand.  I got in the stand around 1:30 and by 2:15 I saw a deer in the middle of the field.  I saw it for a while and then I didn't.  I have the feeling that it bedded down in the middle.  Shortly after that, around 2:45 I had a 3 point buck walk from the pit towards my stand.  He walked right down the path and then under my stand.  He stood there feeding for so long I could have shot him 10 times but wanted to wait for a bigger buck.  Then after that, I had a small doe walk from the field towards my stand.  She too stood there feeding 10 yards from me.   I really debated shooting her but she was small and I just didn't feel like it.  At around 4:30 or so I had a really nice doe walk from the shrub up the hill across the path but she went straight across and didn't come to me.  She was about 50 yards away.  I did see, through the brush, a doe and two fawns.  They must have either caught my scent or some movement because they noticed me before I noticed them.  They were coming down the field from the top and turned and went back where they came from (not that I would have shot anyway).  During this entire night I kept swatting jumping spiders!!  They were all over me!!  What a great post this was!! (except the spiders).

No comments:

Post a Comment