Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Day

Well, it snowed a lot yesterday.  I was supposed to meet the guys up at Flatbrook but because of the snow I decided to just stay local so I went to Black River.  I walked in and started at one of the first fields.  When we started I had a flyover that I shot at a good distance so I was happy when it went down.  I had a heck of a time finding it in a hedgerow however.  I finally did and then walked around a bit.  After the crowds had largely dissipated, I was walking out in the middle of a field and saw a hen tucked in.  I put her up and shot and she came down.  She wasn't dead but hit well and I saw her run and tuck into some brush.  I walked over there and for the life of me, after looking for at least a half hour, couldn't find her.  Oh to have a dog.  It was a beautiful morning though.

No comments:

Post a Comment