Tuesday, November 4, 2014

What a monster!

I left early from work to get some time in the woods.  After last time I couldn't wait to get back in the stand.  I got into stand 13 fairly early, by about 1:30.  It was warmer than I thought it would be and a lot windier than I thought but it was beautiful.  At around 2:30-3:00 I saw some movement on the path near the pit.  Thinking that it was going to circle around I got myself set.  Apparently it was coming from below me to go up the hill because a MONSTER 6 walked out about 100 yards up the field.  He had beautiful white antlers that just shined as he walked across the field.  He went to the upper corner and paced around up there for a bit.  I did see him chasing a doe while he was up there.  He soon disappeared in to some brush.  A few minutes later I saw another buck, smaller but still nice, following the big guy's footsteps.  A little while later the big guy emerged once again and walked across the field coming closer to me.  He disappeared in the big brush and I was hoping he would pop out closer to me.  He didn't and in the meantime, I had a spike walk out from behind me and stop to rub on a tree only 25 yards away.  He crossed in front of me and walked out into the field.  I was just about to get down because it was dark when I saw a doe walking towards me.  I stayed in the tree a bit longer and let her pass to within 15 yards of me.  I didn't want to shoot because it was getting late and I didn't want to "mess up" the area for those bucks!  I'll be back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment