Saturday, December 13, 2014

omg, so frustrating!!

Went to the club and met up with Tony and Greg.  Greg was going to Secret Stand and Tony was going to Bailers.  While we were standing around, Bob came driving out from the back.  He told us that the place was plowing in the swamp :(  When Bob left I mentioned to Tony that the landscape in our place changes from week to week.  He said that he wouldn't be surprised if we lost the property.  He said that "the kid" (Tony P's son) is running the place and that he lets his buddies hunt all the other properties and it's only a matter of time before he is hunting ours.

Well, with that lovely news I headed out to hunt the side of the hill near 13.  It was a nice evening.  I could see Greg in secret stand and to my surprise, it was right near where I saw all those deer during rut.  I didn't take long but about a half hour after getting there, Greg shot and took a doe.  I could see, right after he shot, a head coming into the thicket where I was hunting so I was hopeful.  I waited but nothing appeared, but I figured it was just a matter of time.  Greg got down and left to drag out his deer.  By around 3:10, a beige Jeep Grand Cherokee came tearing down the field, turned up to where I was and went into the pit.  I heard them start up a machine for a quick moment and then silence.  At around 3:35 the Jeep came tearing down the path again.  Went to the corner of 13, spun out around the corner and tore up the field.  I was so frustrated I could spit fire.  Totally disgusted I got up and went for a walk.  I walked around to the other side of the thicket to see if I could get on the high side and I heard a deer bust out.  Figured.  I went back to my spot and sat until dark totally frustrated and disappointed.


No comments:

Post a Comment