Monday, December 1, 2014

Opening day muzzleloader

I had to run sales payroll so my plan was to go to work, leave around noon and then get up to the club.  I had an "issue" running payroll so it took me forever to get out of work.  I ended up leaving around 1:00.  By the time I got up to the club, dressed and in the stand (13) it was about 2:30 but it was better than nothing. Greg was there also.  He was in the stand way across the field from me, on the edge of the cemetery field.  It wasn't that cold out but the wind was steady and blowing so it went right threw me.  I was quite cold.  At around 4:00 I had a bunch of 5 or so does come to about 65 yards from my stand.  They were coming from the river side and when I turned to see them (I was going for just bucks anyway), my foot slipped on the surface of the stand, they saw it and took off running and snorting.  It was a fun time though.

No comments:

Post a Comment