Saturday, November 14, 2015

Birds AND deer

Well, at least that was the attempt.  The crowds found their way back to bird hunting.  We started with a line of orange but, to my delight, there wasn't any craziness.  There were some birds out but they seemed to be scattered around nicely.  Despite the few in the trees and the one or two in the first hedgerow, so it was nice.  Made our normal loop, picked up a few birds and then went back to the truck for some refreshments.  I brought some beer for everyone to try and we just hung out talking.  it was really nice.  then I went up to the club.  I went to 4ish (sat behind the rock) and managed to see a few does coming out near 3 and stay up on the pines.  I have the feeling that they saw me, even though I was far away, because they sort of just disappeared. Greg saw nothing near 10 and Tony said he saw a few bucks chasing.  He said that he went out during the week and saw a few nice bucks too.  I'll head out again on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment