Thursday, November 12, 2015

Rainy Thursdsay

I took the day off to go hunting today.  Just my luck, it's going to rain today.  Well, it wasn't supposed to according to the weather.  It was only supposed to be a little shower at 11.  That's ok because, by then, i'll be between bird and deer.  That's not the case, however.  I showed up on the parking lot a bit early and was the only one there.  By the time it was hunting time, it was me, Greg, Amil and one other car with two guys.  WHAT?!  That's fantastic.  AND there were 6 birds sitting in the trees.  I managed to scare away a few of them but the others wouldn't move.  I usually don't like shooting in the trees but Greg and I made an agreement.  If, by the time we're ready to go, no one else shows up, we'll take them out of the trees.  NEVER expecting that to happen I was surprised when it was shooting time and no one else showed.  So, I took one, Greg took one and Amil took one.  (Amil's flew away...lol).  We then started down the field and there was a nice amount of birds.  As we were coming back from our first pass down the field it started to rain and we all had our two birds.  We stopped at the trucks, got our rain coats, stashed our birds and went back out.  We made our normal loop and had a blast.  We put up more birds and shot at more birds.  Not so successfully though.  I think that the Honey Hole put out an additional 8.  We got one.  lol.  It was a fun day.

I went home intent on getting my stuff ready to go deer hunting.  I just had to take a little nap.  Well...the nap happened, but deer hunting never did.  lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment