Tuesday, November 17, 2015

oh, so close...

I took the day off to go hunting today.  The weather is outstanding!  First I headed up to Flatbrook to find some pheasants.  It was crowded but not super terrible but, to my surprise, Amil wasn't there.  So Greg and I went up the hill instead of the field.  I think that was a mistake as we didn't see anything.  Well, not much anyway.  We had three birds in a tree from the lot but chose not to shoot them.  As we went up the hill, there was a flyover that I took a pot shot at but didn't hit (it was high) and then, as we came around the other side of the hill a bird was in the tree and took off (startling Greg).  He shot but missed.  That was it!  No other birds seen.

I then headed up to the club.  I brought my stand to go between 3 and 4 and had a hard time finding a tree.  I sat lower than I would have normally liked in a crooked tree and was facing the field.  As luck would have it, I had two does behind me for quite a while.  They were just picking back and forth for a while.  I couldn't turn and get a shot and was hoping they would come into the field but they never did.  oh well...close but no cigar.

No comments:

Post a Comment