Saturday, October 13, 2007

Bucks, bucks, bucks (and a doe!)

Date: 10/13/07
Season: Deer - Bow
Location: Hunting Club
Conditions: Partly sunny and cool. Breezy
Summary: What a day! Ok, first in the morning I sat in the new 13, which we’ve renamed to 15. I didn’t see anything by 7:15 and I was tired, so I stretched…when I did, I twisted my body around and there was a 4 pointer only 15 yards away from me. I was frozen until we walked a semi-circle all around me. Once he got behind the big tree I picked up my bow and drew back. I waited for him to walk into the shooting zone. He didn’t, instead he walked down into the field and then away. Shortly after that I saw two does up top just walking in and out of the patch. I actually grunted once and one of the does walked towards me, but she stopped and wouldn’t come in. I got out of the tree about 8:15. Met Tony and talked for a bit. Then I went into the Cadillac stand from 9:30 to 12:30. Saw nothing. For the afternoon I went into the new Big Feeder stand. It was strange because the field is wide open and I’m wide open in it. Around 6 I had two small bucks come into the feeder. The lead came in and started behind the brush need the feeder and when I drew back, he and the other one took off. They stood away for a little while…then from down the path I saw a 4 pointer. I waited until he was passing the last brush to hide the draw back and when I did he stopped in his tracks…sniffed and left. There was a doe behind him that also left. Then a buck, not sure how big, came from across the field and went to the other side…didn’t come in close enough. Then a doe came in from the left…I shot her and she ran. As Tony was walking out, a buck came across the field. I didn’t have to track the doe as it was on the side of the field…so I dressed it and Bob came with his truck. Loaded it up and away I went. What a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment