Friday, October 24, 2008

My 7 pointer!!!

When: Friday, October 24, 2008
Where: The recycling center
Weather: Partly cloudy, windy and 50
When: 3:00 - 5:30

I went to the recycling center today. I decided to sit on the hill between the fat-man's stand and stand 2. At around 4:00 I saw a little spike and a six pointer about 40 yards away. I watched for about 10 minutes as they milled around...all of a sudden they ran off like a bat out of hello. Some guy walked in the woods right where the deer were...I whistled so he knew I was there and he set up about 75 yards away from me. At around 5:15 I saw a 7 pointer in around the same spot as the first two deer...he milled around for a bit and he was pretty much in between me and this other guy. All of a sudden this other guy starts to move...I'm thinking, what in the world is he doing...and he starts to get out of his tree. I see the buck starting to tense up so I draw just in case he runs towards me. All of a sudden the buck takes off, right for my stand. Before I can even make a noise to stop him, he stops right under my stand and I put one right through him.

After I saw this guy moving and start to get out of his stand, I shot the buck and couldn't see that guy anymore...I sat for a few minutes and I saw this guy walking towards where my deer ran. I got out of my tree, got my stuff together and started to follow the blood trail. As I'm doing s this guy starts walking towards me, blood all over his hands. He says "there's a seven pointer down there"...I asked if it was the same 7 pointer that I shot...he said that he was lookng for the deer that he shot. I said that I saw him the whole time and I didn't see him shoot. I asked him if he was followng his blood trail...he said he didn't have one...he said he couldn't find his arrow either. My buck had a total pass through and I found my bloody arrow...I told him that i wanted to see the deer...When I saw it, I knew it was the one that I shot and told him that. He said, 'ok, you can have it"...not even a fight...then he told me that he gutted it...I thanked him and I told him that I would help him look for his deer (although I was pretty sure there was no such deer)...but I helped him look. Then he took my picture, helped me drag the deer and then put it in my truck. The guy honestly couldn't have been nicer.


No comments:

Post a Comment