Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A nice buck behind me....

When: Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Where: Recylcing Center - Second spot
Weather: Very windy, mostly cloudy and 40 degrees

I got in the stand around 2:45. I couldn't decide whether to go to the fat-man's tree or the second spot. I chose the second spot because the last time I was there the deer came to me from that side. I got into the tree and just sat. The feeder was empty so I guess that guy hadn't been back in a while. Around 5:15 ish I turned and looked towards the fat-man's stand and I saw a deer. I stood and kept peeking over the back of me to watch it...I couldn't tell what it was but he worked towards me. I figured that he would come to the left side of my tree towards the feeder and I stood there still. I heard him right behind me and I didn't move...waiting. I caught movement out of my right side and saw a beautiful buck, I think it was a six or an eight walking down the path in the field. I used the call to try and get it to come back to me. He stopped the first time that I blew the call but kept on walking. He was the second deer in line, I don't know if he was following a doe or not but my call didn't entice him to come back...so close!

No comments:

Post a Comment