Thursday, October 2, 2008

Can't find her....

When: October 2, 2008
Were: The tennis courts
Weather: Slightly overcast, chilly and windy
Time: 3:00 - 7:00

I got set up in my tree around 3. Almost as soon as I was set up I saw a deer coming from the houses...she stopped at each stand on her way to mine. When she was at the middle stand something spooked her and she took off towards the houses. Around 5:30 a doe came right down to the corn that was left near the second stand...it's a 25 yard shot. I waited...calmed myself and waited for her to turn broadside. I don't know if it was because she was half hidden by a tree or if it was brush or if I suck, but I hit her high and back...away she ran. I got out of my stand and found blood...some of it good. I searched for close to two hours and couldn't find her. I went back the next morning to continue my search...about an hour and a half later and I still couldn't find her. I'm sick over it.

No comments:

Post a Comment