Saturday, December 13, 2008

First day deer hunting with Daniella!!!


When: Saturday, December 13, 2008
Where: The club - Big feeder
Weather: Clear and cold (26).
Time: 2:30 pm - 5:00 pm

This was Dani's first time deer hunting!! First, when we got to the club there was no one else there, that surprised me considering it's still 6-day. We went to stand 4 because it is a double stand...Dani was so stuffed with clothes she could barely move! We got to the stand and I checked it. It was sturdy but it was high and to be honest I was nervous...I had Dani climb up and she did with not too much problem. Getting onto the platform was a bit of a challenge but once she was up that high, I had visions of her falling so I had her climb back down. We walked through the field to "Bob's feeder" and we sat on the wall. I didn't feel good there because there was such a small window to shoot through and there was no cover so we left there. We went to the big feeder and buried ourselves in the hedgerow. This was the same spot I got the buck at last year. Dani sat behind me on a milkcrate and I sat in front of her. We didn't see anything but she sat like a trooper. In spite of the constant movement and frequent talking she did well :) I can't wait to take her back out and CAN'T WAIT for her to see her first deer in the woods.

No comments:

Post a Comment