Saturday, December 6, 2008

You forgot what?!?!

Ok...so today I went pheasant hunting in Flatbrook. It was going to be an odd day for me because I didn't have Dani (she was at Joyce's house), I wouldn't have Greg either...so it was just me and Bacci. I drove up to the sport shop right outside of Stokes to get some shells and then headed to my spot. I was a little early...so when I got there I got my vest so I can put some shells in the vest. I noticed that I FORGOT MY HUNTING LICENSE AT HOME!! It was on my other coat that I wore deer hunting last week. I got in my truck and headed to come home. I was going to come home (an hour and 20 minute drive) and then head back to Berkshire Valley...not that I like it there, but Bacci really wanted to go hunting (and so did I)...as I was driving towards the sport shop I had a thought...I knew that I could get a replacement license, what about pheasant stamp? So I pulled in and asked the guy at the shop. YES!!! So, $4 later, I was back on my way to Flatbrook. I only arrived about 20 minutes after sunup. It wasn't too crowded on the way to my spot, but my parking lot had a lot of cars in it. I got out and Bacci and I walked all around. The usual spots. Then we headed up the hill...after circling the hill and going up top, Bacci got really birdy but didn't hold...he would point and then move, point and then move...what I didn't know was that there was a bird walking around...it went up behind me...I did manage to get a shot off, but it was a lousy one and I knew I had no chance...we walked around some more and after a few hours called it a day.

No comments:

Post a Comment