Monday, September 21, 2009

I suck!

Went to the Recycling center today. Started out at the Community center but saw a guy there getting his bait together. Talked to him for a little bit and he made it really clear that he wouldn't want someone hunting right near his stand. Not that I blame him. So I got up in the stand at the Recycling center later than I would have wanted, around 4. As I got up the tree I noticed a deer coming in from the dump side. I stopped doing what I was doing and waited for the deer to appear. After about 15 minutes she never showed herself. I assumed she walked towards the houses so I finished getting ready. To my surprise she wasn't all that far from me...and proceeded to walk in towards me. She was really nervous and got about 50 yards from me...she spotted me and I think caught my scent because she darted away. Around 6, another doe came from the same spot and walked in the middle of the property and she too sort of disappeared. I kept waiting for her to show but in the meantime, two does came walking in from the bottom (the way I actually expected the deer to come). They both walked right up to me. When the second one had gone behind a tree I drew back...aimed on the shoulder and let it fly...and fly it did, right over her back!! She took off, stopped about 60 yards away...stomped a few times and was gone. I got down and saw half my arrow...it was busted clean in half. I couldn't find the front half but there was no blood anywhere. It was a clean miss. I suck!! I don't get it...I practice, on average, 4 times a week...year round and I missed!! At 20 yards!! I SUCK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment