Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Tennis anyone?

Went out today to the Pool. It was a nice day...about 80, but with a nice breeze. When I pulled up I happened to notice about 6-8 old people sitting at the picnic bench near the pond. I pulled up and started to get my gear together. Just then an old lady and her dog walked up to the car next to me. She began talking to the dog, telling him that he's going to have to get in the driver's side. I told her I would move and she said she didn't want to put me out...I said that she wasn't. She came over, I pet her dog and we talked for a little bit. I left and walked into the woods. I happened to notice the old people noticed me now. I got into the woods and picked a tree and began to climb. Just then I heard three car horns that were continuously being beeped (like an alarm). I think that the old people were trying to scare the deer away! LOL.

I sat there for a while and around 5 I caught a glimpse of a deer at the top of the hill. It was a buck and never made his way down to me. I did, however, notice that around 40 yards away there was a tree stand with corn spread around. At around 5:30-6:00 two guys showed up to play tennis. I heard them start playing and apparently they had a dog too because he kept yapping like he was tied up or something. This continued the entire time that I was there. There was only about 5 minutes of light left and I saw some does coming in. They never did make it down to me though.

No comments:

Post a Comment