Saturday, September 11, 2010

Opening Day!!

What a gorgeous day!! It was a clear 56 degrees when I entered the woods at work. I got up the tree and at 6:22 got a text from TJ saying that he got a doe. I have to admit, that did deflate my spirits a bit...that's so stupid. By around 7:30 I saw some movement to my left. I stood up and had a 3 point buck walk right under my stand. He stood there for a while...walked over to the feeder and looked at it...almost asking it to please dispense some of that yellow goodness. Of course, the feeder didn't work for some reason. He passed within 14 yards of me. He walked off and shortly after I saw movement to the field. It appeared to me that there were 2-3 deer on the field's edge around 113 yards away. I waited for them to walk by but they didn't. I sat down...and as I sat I saw a pair of legs sneaking through the brush that was 60 yards in front of me. I don't know what it was (buck or doe) but I know that they weren't spooked by me...I had good wind.

I got out of the woods and went to Dani's first softball game. They got creamed! lol I headed up to the club for the afternoon. I sat in stand 10. It was really nice all except for the blazing sun that was beating on me making me sweat bullets! At around 5:30 I had two does walk into the middle of the field...they milled around there for a little bit and walked off (opposite of me). That was it for the night. Greg was in 14 and he saw a fawn and a button. Tony was in 13 and he shot a "hairless" spike which he left there because he said he didn't realize it was a spike until he shot it. Grrrr.

Back out on Monday...going to the Recycle.

No comments:

Post a Comment